Over 500 young people from all over the world are due to meet at #UNESCO Headquarters in Paris from 26 to 28 October 2015 to ensure that youth remains top of the agenda ahead of #COP21, the UN Climate Change Conference, in the context of the implementation of the new global Sustainable Development Goals. Read more here: http://on.unesco.org/
Friday, October 23, 2015
Sunday, May 03, 2015
#KeepSpeechFree: UNESCO has joined forces with Google to promote freedom of expression in the online sphere, on World Press Freedom Day (3 May). They have developed a set of tools to help you better understand the threats to free expression online today – and what you can do about them:
* How to tackle digital risks, such as surveillance, location tracking, Man-in-the-Middle (MitM) attacks, Denial of Service (DoS) http://ow.ly/Mn1uM
* How internet companies can foster freedom online http://ow.ly/Mn1uM
* An analysis of freedom of expression & Internet privacy - where they support or compete with each other http://ow.ly/Mn1uM
* How media - including social media - are vital for sustainable development http://ow.ly/Mn1aD
* What's needed to build an internet that enhances free expression & human rights: http://ow.ly/Mn1fh
Sunday, March 22, 2015
Urgent action is needed to avoid the planet from facing a 40% shortfall in water supply by 2030. We must dramatically improve the way water is managed globally, in the face of ever-rising demand and the over exploitation of our groundwater reserves.
* Infographic: http://ow.ly/KzMxI
* World Water Day page: http://ow.ly/KzMrI
* See UNESCO's new "Water for a Sustainable World” report: http://ow.ly/KzKjg — with Ila Murugan.